Your customized Donation Page on CauseVox can easily be embedded right on your website, making giving through your donation page seamless.
There are 2 types of embed options:
- Donation Page Pop-up: When a link or donate button on your website is clicked, the donation page will be triggered to pop up on any page of your website.
- On-Page Donation Form Embed: You can embed the donation page as a form on your website directly. This is usually done on a landing page.
Here's how the pop-up embeddable donation page pop up looks on a website:
Here's a look at the on-page embed:
Triggering the Pop-Up Embed:
With the Unstyled Link, you can always link your donation page as a standard web link. The Styled Button, lets you use a pre-made clickable button that you can add to any webpage.
With the embeddable page, donating will be easier than ever, keeping donors right on your website.
Our popup donation page is customizable, mobile-friendly, and secure, offering your donors a delightful online giving experience.
You can more than double the donations you raise with a CauseVox Donation Page, compared to a generic PayPal button.
Here's a few ways the embeddable donation page can be used at your organization:
- You can easily replace the link to your donate button to #donate to pop up your donation page.
- You can link to #donate on any text, images, or buttons on any page on your site, so that the donation page will pop up when clicked.
- You can bring your donors directly to your donation page from any email appeals, social media posts, and more. All you need to do is add #donate onto your site URL and link it in the email or post. Ex: www.yoursite.org/#donate
- You can replace your existing donation form on your website with the CauseVox on-page embedded donation form.
Ready to embed the donation page on your website? Here's how:
Step 1: Navigate to the "Embed Codes" tab in your Donation Page Settings.
Step 2: Select copy to clipboard and paste it onto your website right before the closing </head> tag.
Or, if you're not the best person to embed the code on your website, you can select "Email Code" to send to your website administrator.
Where you need to navigate to install this can look different depending on your website builder.
Here's how to install on Wordpress (popup or on-page embed).
While Wix is best suited for the pop-up embed option, here are the Wix, and GoDaddy on-page embed instructions. For GoDaddy Website Builder, due to their limited customization capabilites, only the on-page embed will work at this time.
Having trouble? Shoot us an email at [email protected] with the name of your website builder and we can provide additional instructions.
From here, you can choose either the on-page embed, or the popup embed:
Once it's embedded, you can use link #donate anywhere on your website. Once the link to #donate is clicked, the donation page will popup.
Example of #donate used on donate button in Squarespace
You can simply direct your donors directly to the donation page by adding #donate to and url. Example: www.yoursite.org/#donate
To embed your donation page on your website directly, you'll want to insert the code:
This will make the donation form appear on your landing page.
You can also get this code from the Embed Codes section of your Donation Page Settings.
Adding multiple pop-up donation embeds to the same page
If you have multiple donation pages and would like to trigger them from the same page, doing so is very easy. First, make sure you have completed the steps above and that the embed code is installed correctly on your site.
To trigger a specific donation page, you can replace any link with the value #donate_(donation page id). Note the underscore in between "donate" and the donation page ID.
Your specific donation page ID can be found on the embed codes page under your donation page settings.
Questions about embedding the donation page? You can email us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!