Note: The current PayPal integration is being deprecated due to a significant increase in payment errors from PayPal. Until further notice, we do not recommend using PayPal to process donations on CauseVox. CauseVox does not warrant the use of PayPal and its self-service integration as been removed for users.
PayPal Quick Overview (Detailed View Below)
- Account Requirements: Verified PayPal account
- Currencies Supported: USD, CAD, AUD, NZD, GBP, DKK, EUR, CHF, MXN, HKD, NOK, SGD, SEK. See below for more info.
- Donor Experience: Donors get redirected to PayPal to complete their donation.
- Donor Credit Card Statement: Your organization name
- Fund Disbursement: 3 to 5 business days to your bank account. Must initiate transfer from PayPal.
- Credit Card Processor Fees: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction *PayPal discount rate for verified 501c3: 2.2% + $0.30
What are PayPal’s features?
- Receive donations into your PayPal account immediately as it occurs.
- The name of your nonprofit is displayed on the donor’s credit card statement with “PP” (for PayPal) appended. For example, it will display as “PP Nonprofit Name”. CauseVox is not displayed.
- Donors with PayPal accounts can donate without entering in their credit card information.
- You only need a verified PayPal account to take donations. You don’t need to be a nonprofit.
What currencies are supported through PayPal?
USD, CAD, AUD, NZD, GBP, DKK, EUR, CHF, MXN, HKD, NOK, SGD, SEK. More currencies available upon request. Please check PayPal for all currencies that can be processed.
What are PayPal’s fees?
PayPal’s rate varies based on your location and account type. PayPal’s USA standard rate is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. Please check your PayPal account for the exact rate.
Fees are only applied when you accept a donation and you are never charged a setup or monthly fee for using PayPal. CauseVox fees are automatically taken out by PayPal and you will see this as a line item on every donation in PayPal.
PayPal offers discounted transaction fees for nonprofits with 501 (c)(3) status:
- More than $100,000 in monthly volume: 1.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
- Less than $100,000 in monthly volume: 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction.
How do I transfer funds from PayPal to my bank account?
Donations through PayPal are automatically deposited into your PayPal account immediately after it occurs. You can manually transfer funds from PayPal into your bank account by logging into www.paypal.com.
This process typically takes 3-5 business days to settle in your bank account.
What is the PayPal donation process like for donors?
The following steps illustrate the PayPal donation process for donors:
Donors click on the “Make a Donation” button on your CauseVox Campaign Site.
Step 2: Once the button is clicked, a secure pop-up box appears for them to enter in their name donation amount. After information has been entered, donors click “Continue” to proceed.
Optional: If running a campaign with personal/team pages, donors can choose to re-select the assignment of the donation.
Step 2: On the next page, the donor enters their name and email address and are prompted to redirect to PayPal to complete their donation.
Step 3: On PayPal, the donor can then log into their PayPal account to make a donation or the donor can enter in their credit card number directly.
Once the donation is processed, the donor is redirected back to your CauseVox campaign site. A transaction receipt from PayPal is sent to them as well as a donation receipt from CauseVox.
How To Set Up PayPal To Accept Donations
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
Step 1: If you do not have a PayPal account, sign up here: www.paypal.com.
Step 2: Complete setup of your PayPal account so it is a verified PayPal account. You can check to see if you are verified by logging into your PayPal account. See below.
Step 3: The primary currency that you set up in PayPal must also match the currency that you select in CauseVox. Check this by following these steps:
i. Login to your PayPal account
ii. Go to “My business setup”
iii. Go to “Manage my money”
iv. Click on “Manage currencies” to check your primary currency in PayPal
How To Connect Your PayPal account to CauseVox:
Email [email protected] to request access to PayPal. Once access is granted, enter in the email associated to your PayPal account and select the currency you wish to collect at the bottom of the page.
If you have not already set up your PayPal account, click here to find out how to create an account.
Be sure to click Save on the upper right corner of the page.