CauseVox primarily uses Stripe to process donations because of its ease of use for both admins and donors. However, we do offer PayPal as an option for users that can't access Stripe.
We recommend using Stripe for payment processing because:
- Your donors stay on one branded and mobile-optimized page to complete their donation
- Donors have less steps required to complete their donation, all there asked to input is their credit card. (No outside account required)
- On a whole, we see more donations completed with Stripe than with PayPal
- With Stripe, you can take recurring donations, helping you raise more in the long term.
- Stripe deposits funds into your bank account on a two day rolling basis, making it easier for you to manage and receive funds.
- Stripe and PayPal offer the same nonprofit rate, 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction
- For more information on each processor, please visit our articles "Donation Processing With Stripe" and "Donation Processing With PayPal."
To set up your donation processing, follow the steps below:
Step 1: In your Settings, click on “Donation Processing” along the left menu bar and view the Payment Processor section at the top of the page.
Step 2: Select "Connect with Stripe."
If you already have a Stripe account, click on the Sign In link at the top right of the page.
If you do not have a Stripe account, fill out the form and click “Authorized access to this account” at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Click Save on the upper right hand corner.
If you are unable to use Stripe, email us at [email protected] and we can give you access.
All you need to set up PayPal is to enter the email address associated to that account and select the currency you wish to collect at the bottom of the page.
Be sure to click Save on the upper right corner of the page.